About Marathon Company
Many manufacturing companies have come and gone since we started in business. Established in 1897, we are family owned and operated.
Over the years, we have established a reputation for Integrity, Reliability, and Service. Our customers know they can count on us, and it is for this reason that the names Kiddie Kraft and Marathon are known throughout the U.S.A.
The acceptance and achievements of Marathon Company have been due to our ability to manufacture a quality piece of jewelry of superior design and craftsmanship at an affordable price. A Lifetime Guarantee accompanies every item we manufacture.
Marathon Company is Committed to Promoting Sustainability
The Marathon Company fully recognizes the importance of sustainability in developing and strengthening our mission. Our approach aims to take a leadership role by advancing the understanding of sustainability, developing strategic partnerships, and implementing best practices to reduce the impact of our operations on the environment and people.
- To comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations, and codes of practice.
- To integrate sustainability considerations into our business decisions.
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To minimize the impact on the sustainability of all office and transportation activities.
- To make clients and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policy, and encourage them to adopt sound sustainable management practices.
- To review annually and to continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.
Practical Steps In order to Put These Principles into Practice:
Travel and Meetings
- Walk, cycle, carpool, and/or use public transport to attend meetings, site visits, etc, apart from circumstances where the alternatives are impractical and/or cost-prohibitive.
- Avoid physically traveling to meetings etc where alternatives are available and practical, such as using teleconferencing, video conferencing, or webcams, and efficient timing of meetings to avoid multiple trips. These options are also often more time-efficient, while not sacrificing the benefits of regular contact with clients and partners.
- Reduce the need for our staff to travel by supporting alternative working arrangements where possible, including home working.
Purchase of Equipment and Consumption of Resources
- Minimize our use of paper and other office consumables, for example by double-siding all paper used, reusing scrap paper and packaging, and identifying opportunities to reduce waste. As far as possible arrange for the reuse or recycling of office waste, including paper, computer supplies, and redundant equipment.
- Reduce the energy consumption of office and manufacturing equipment by purchasing energy-efficient equipment and good housekeeping and maintenance.